Are you looking for a way to take relaxation to the next level?
Forget spending hundreds of dollars on a day at the spa. If you own a hot tub, you can have a relaxing spa day at home for a fraction of the cost. As with anything, to ensure your day is as amazing as possible, planning ahead is vital.
Read on for some great tips on how to have a fantastic spa day without ever leaving your home.
1. PREPARE IN ADVANCE
Once you’ve set aside a day for a home spa experience, it’s time to make a list of all the things you’ll need to pamper yourself. Check your bathroom cupboards and bedroom to ensure you have products on hand to do a facial, mani and pedi, and skin treatment.
If you need to do some shopping, it’s also a good idea to stock your fridge with refreshing drinks and snacks so you don’t have to stop to prepare a meal during your spa routine.
2. GET ORGANIZED
- Before beginning, set up each area where you’ll be performing your beauty and relaxation rituals.
- Set towels out by your spa and have some relaxing music queued on your tablet or stereo system.
- Choose a spot to do your mani and pedi and set up an area to work complete with a nail file, nail polish, exfoliator, lotion and any other products you’ll need.
- Do the same in your bathroom for your upcoming facial.
3. HIT THE HOT TUB
Before embarking on any beauty rituals, it’s time to set the tone for the day.
- First, don your bathing suit, robe and slippers.
- Next, head out to the hot tub for a little hydrotherapy.
- Be sure to take a cool drink with you so you stay hydrated while soaking.
- While spending 20 minutes in the spa is relaxing, it’s also a great way to detoxify your skin.
- You can enhance the effects of the hot water even further by adding spa-friendly aromatherapy products.
- Choosing a scent like vanilla or lavender is not only calming, it is great for the skin.
4. IT’S FACIAL TIME
Once your 20 minutes are up, not only will the heated water have helped you sweat out some impurities, but it will have opened up your pores, making this an ideal time to start your facial.
Begin with a gentle scrub and massage your face and neck.
Rinse and then apply your favorite facemask. Allow it to set until dry.
5. PREP YOUR NAILS
While waiting for your mask to dry, you can get your nails ready for your upcoming mani and pedi. Remove all existing polish on your fingernails and toenails and trim as needed.
Use a file to shape your nails before using a gentle scrub to exfoliate your hands. Rinse and apply lotion.
6. FACIAL WRAP-UP
By this time, your mask should be dry and ready for removal. Using warm water and a soft cloth, rid your skin of the mask and then splash your face with some cool water.
Apply some serum to your face and décolletage and spray the area with a toner.
Let it sit for a few minutes and then apply eye serum or cream followed by moisturizer on your face and neck.
7. MANI AND PEDI TIME
With your tips and toes already prepped, you can grab the polish of your choice and carefully apply it to your nails.
Apply two to three coats on fingers and toes, allowing each layer a few minutes to dry between applications.
Finally, use a top coat to seal your nails. Relax with a book or watch a show until your nails are dry.
8. TREAT YOUR SKIN
Before heading back to the spa for another relaxing soak, use a dry brush or exfoliating gloves to rid your body of dead skin cells.
This will fire up your circulation and lymph flow, which is key for ridding the body of impurities.
Jump back into the spa for another 20-minute soak and follow that up with a warm shower and liberal application of body lotion.
With your spa routine complete, why not take the rest of the day to relax and rejuvenate? Investing in some “me time” is a great way to improve your well-being.
VAN DORN POOLS AND SPAS
Our goal at Van Dorn Pools and Spas is to help our clients get the most out of their spas.
We offer the best hot tubs and hot tub accessories in each one of our three showrooms. Whether you need hot tub supplies or simply have questions about price, drop in for a visit.
We have a wide selection of Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs and Nordic Hot Tubs™ for you to shop from. Our staff is always on hand to help and answer questions.